Introduction To Off Grid Power Systems
A practical, hands-on course in designing and building off-grid power systems.
Description: The key concepts for designing and building off-grid power systems. Discussing the value of off-grid systems, sharing knowledge on how to build your own system to power lighting or electronic devices.
For: Anyone with an interest in renewable energy and generating and supplying their own power, building off-grid power systems, automotive or marine power applications.
Benefit: Gain theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
What you will learn:
- Key concepts in the supply of electricity and basic electrical theory.
- Key concepts in the design and specification of off-grid power systems.
- How to size a basic off-grid power system involving PV panels and a battery.
- Basic specification and selection of components.
- Assembly of a basic off-grid power system with PV panels and batteries.
Existing knowledge required: Some familiarity with basic electrical theory will aid understanding but is not required.
Trainer: Ben Aylott, Carbon Co-op
Works in the areas of energy systems, he has a masters in Solar Energy Engineering from the European Solar Engineering School and experience in designing and building real world off-grid power systems in a variety of contexts.
Sat 11th November 2017
Sat 3rd Februry 2018
Sat 20th October 2018
Venue: URBED, 10a Little Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1HR
- Member early bird - £40
- Non-member early bird - £50
- Member standard - £55
- Non-member standard - £70
Early bird rates end 4 weeks before course date.
This training is a part of Carbon Co-op's Home Energy Training Programme, see more here: carbon.coop/training