EcoHome Lab: Monthly meetup and skill share
9th November, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Now in our regular monthly slot – every second Thursday of the month. A hangout for people taking control of their home energy usage and generation. We use open-source hardware and software to gain a better understanding of energy in our homes, how to make the best use of the energy we generate and reduce energy wasted.
Catch up on [some of our previous sessions and presentations](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiz1gBPXWVAJ4hzg3zj72hVrXVJgWvzOG).
Unless there’s a specific title to the session, it means we have no scheduled speaker and it will be an open session. We welcome contributions.
Topics will include:
• Home energy monitoring.
• House energy performance assessment
• Sensors – electricity, gas, temperature, humidity, air quality…
• User interfaces, dashboards
• Smart houses and automation
• Aggregation of data sources
• Taking the power back! – Making better use of the surplus power we generate
Who is it for?
• Anyone with skills in physical electronics, web development or programming who wants to use that knowledge to reduce energy and carbon!
• There will be open space for small groups to focus on adding new sensors or hacking the user interface, there will always be a ‘newbies’ group for people interested in finding out more.