Ventilation For Homeowners
Making sure your home stays healthy as you improve its energy efficiency.
Course Description: Concerned about damp, mould and indoor air quality? This two hour session explains why planned ventilation is an important consideration in any refurbishment project, the different ventilation strategies available and some of the technologies involved.
For: Householders planning a retrofit project, either staged or all in one go.
Benefit: Integrate ventilation planning in to your retrofit project to maintain a healthy breathable atmosphere and avoid damp and cold issues.
What you will learn:
- What is good air indoor quality and how it relates to individual and building health.
- Why proper ventilation is important.
- What the building regulations say - in brief.
- What different retrofit ventilation strategies are available.
- What the pros and cons of different strategies are in retrofit.
- Some of the technologies involved.
Existing knowledge required: None
Trainer: Marianne Heaslip, URBED
A chartered architect with interests in urban design, sustainability and participative design. She holds an MSc in Advanced Environment and Energy Studies from the Centre for Alternative Technology, and is a Certified Passive House Designer. She worked on pioneering TSB ‘Retrofit for the Future’ projects with the lessons learned through this work applied in her role on the Carbon Coop’s retrofit 'Community Green Deal’ programme.
Course dates and booking links:
Time: 6:00 - 8:30pm*
[*Note time adjustment from printed brouchure]
Where: Bridge 5 Mill/Carbon Co-op Office - check when booking
**Early bird tickets end one month before the training**