On Thursday 6th September 2012, Carbon Co-op is hosting a community renewables supply chain seminar for local groups and suppliers as part of the Generating Success programme.
- 1.15pm to 5pm, 6th September at Hat Works, Stockport
- Lunch provided, seminar starts at 2pm.
- £5 attendance fee. Spaces are limited.
- Book online http://s.coop/tbue
About: This is a masterclass seminar run by Carbon Co-op in association with URBED and Sharenergy to provide capacity building support to community renewable energy projects and develop a supply chain. There will be opportunities for hands on examination the opportunities and planning for renewable energy and energy efficiency in your area. At the session we’ll share information on resources and opportunities available to develop projects, look at case studies and share best practice, help to refine your projects and provide incubation and social enterprise strategies. It will provide opportunities to meet suppliers, ask questions and develop relationships.
Who: for voluntary and community groups who want to develop renewable energy projects, no matter what stage they are at, and also open to suppliers of relevant technologies.
**About Generating Success **Generating Success is a new two-year project to encourage and support the take up of community renewable energy projects in rural areas of Greater Manchester – everything from wind turbines and solar panels to hydro projects and retrofit. Run by GMCVO, in partnership with the Carbon Co-op and MERCi, the programme will see a series of training events, social enterprise supply chain seminars and networking events as well as the creation of three/four trailblazer community renewable projects.
Other launch events The launch event will take place on Thursday 6th September and consist of the following three linked sessions (you can attend one, two or all of the events):
- Carbon Co-op supply chain/community renewables seminar (1.15pm-5pm). Book online http://s.coop/tbue
- Public launch at Hat Works, Stockport (5.30pm-6.30pm). Book here: http://s.coop/tbuh
- Fuelling Manchester social, at The Crown Inn, Stockport (7pm onwards). To book: just turn up or tweet us @carboncoop