As part of the Generating Success programme, Carbon Co-op are running two half day seminars for community based organisations interested in renewables and retrofit.
**NB SEMINAR 1 DATE RE-ARRANGED FOR MON 15TH JULY 2013**
Seminar 1 – Developing a Community Renewables Project
midday-5pm, Monday 15th July 2015
MadLab, 36-40 Edge Street, Manchester M4 1HN
- Have you established a community project to save carbon or generate renewable energy?
- Need assistance understanding kilowatt hours or energy ratings?
- Don't know where to start when it comes to finding an installer or supplier?
Carbon Co-op is delivering a free seminar on negotiating the technical aspects of a community renewables project. From calculating how much energy a solar panel will generate to putting together a tender document, we aim to help you bridge the gap between your vision and the reality of delivery.
- Developing a technical feasibility study
- Calculating energy generation
- Finding and working with suppliers
- Case studies from organisations who have delivered successful community renewables projects
- Sources of help and advice
- Alex Moody, Sustainability Consultant
- Marianne Heaslip, URBED
The seminar is open to any community organisations with renewables or retrofit projects but those with projects in development in Greater Manchester will be prioritised. If you are at very early stages and just starting to think about a community renewables or retrofit project this seminar isn't for you.
Seminar 2 – Community Building Retrofit – investing in large scale energy efficiency
Miday-5pm, Thursday 27th June 2013
Bridge 5 Mill, 22a Beswick Street, Ancoats, Manchester
- Do you run or own a community building such as a Community Hub or Church Hall?
- Is the building cold and under-heated yet utility bills skyrocketing?
- Would you like to invest in energy efficiency but don't know where to start
Carbon Co-op is delivering a free seminar on community building retrofit. This seminar is for organisations that wish to make investments in their building to achieve large savings in energy bills and carbon emissions. We will go way beyond measures such as changing light bulbs or turning computer monitors to standby.
- Assessments: understanding energy usage and creating an action plan
- Heating systems eg biomass boilers, solar hot water
- Installing energy generation eg solar panels
- Case studies from organisations who have delivered successful community building retrofit projects
- Finance options
- Featuring advice on retrofit from award winning consultants URBED
- Marianne Heaslip, URBED
- Frank McGrath, Riversmeet, Cockermouth
- TBC: Cumbria Action for Sustainability
To book: the seminar is open to any community organisation but those who own or run community buildings in Greater Manchester will be prioritised. Complete and return this application form to email@example.com to attend.
NB Community Building Retrofit to be followed by the next Fuelling Manchester event 6pm in Manchester City Centre.