- This event has passed.
Cordata Housing Co-operative – Green Open Homes 2018
29/09/2018, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cordata Housing Co-operative are opening their home as a part of Carbon Co-op’s Green Open Homes Weekend, 29th and 30th September 2018.
The house is unique in that it is occupied by a registered co-operative group of 6 people, the purchase and refurbishment funded with a mortgage from Ecology Building Society, proving the viability of developing low energy house refurbishments for groups of people on a rental basis.
The historic building fabric was treated sensitively when designing the refurbishment programme, and the needs of the housing co-op and its members were taken into account.
Energy efficiency measures installed:
- Complete envelope insulation: double thickness roof, underfloor, external and internal walls,
- Double glazed sashes + encapsulated original stained glass
- LED lights + Eco washing machine and drying cabinet
- High spec heating – Separate floor-by-floor system
- Solar hot water tank heating
- Solar PV 2.4Kw
- 3000 litre rainwater tank for toilet flushing + low flow rate taps
- Recycled wood fibre external insulation
- Leased by a co-operative committed to low waste and shared resources
Cordata think you should visit their home because:
We believe we make a larger overall energy saving, because 6 people live there. We also made use of almost every energy saving method available at the time of the refurbishment, whilst preserving the character of the house. We think we are one of only a few ( or possibly the only) multiple occupancy houses in the country that have had a complete eco refurbishment from the ground up.
About 40-50% less than an equivalent house
Saturday 29th September, 10am – 4pm – tours on the hour
Accessibility and travel
- Nearest public transport: buses to Palatine Road, Burton Road tram
- Parking on street: free at weekends
- Accessibility issues: steps at front and rear
Many thanks to Ecology Building Society for supporting this event.