EcoHome Lab: Smart Radiator Valves
12th November, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
After last month’s discussion of smart heating controls, this time we’re going deep with Smart Thermostatic Radiator Valves. We’ll have a presentation from Damon Hart-Davis (Co-founder of Vestemi & the OpenTRV project) on their RadBot ‘fit and forget’ smart TRV system. There’ll also be a space for users to share their experience of different TRV and zoning systems and most effective configurations.
Topics have included:
• Home energy monitoring.
• House energy performance assessment
• Sensors – electricity, gas, temperature, humidity, air quality…
• User interfaces, dashboards
• Smart houses and automation
• Aggregation of data sources
• Taking the power back! – Making better use of the surplus power we generate
Who is it for?
• Anyone with skills in physical electronics, web development or programming who wants to use that knowledge to reduce energy and carbon!