- This event has passed.
The Importance of Ventilation in Buildings (Level 1) – Online
19/01/2021, 4:30 pm
We spend 90% of our lives inside buildings and yet the indoor air quality is often poor. As we continue to improve the airtightness of our buildings, we need to ensure that the quality of indoor air is maintained for our health and well being.
This two hour on line training session will cover the basic principles of ventilation, its link to building performance, moisture control in buildings and indoor air quality.
Vince House and Peter King of Aereco will discuss:
- Why we need to ventilate buildings
- Overview of each recognised ventilation system and others
- Example of calculating ventilation rates in accordance with Part F
- The damage moisture can do to buildings and how to minimise this
- Testing & commissioning systems
- Best practice and guidance for installation’
- Vince will also demonstrate the various ventilation systems available today, how to identify them and the capabilities of each system.
There will be two videos shown within the presentation:
- Ventilation basics – A short video on the requirement for ventilating homes. Also a useful tool to show homeowners.
- Guidance for existing homeowners on moisture in their homes. Explaining in simple terms and images the importance of understanding all aspects of moisture in relation to the fabric, services, occupancy and the context of the building and how they all play a part in the buildings moisture balance. – provided by UKCMB.
This training session will have several Q&A breaks to allow participants to ask questions of the speakers.
Who for: Consultants, architects, general contractors, small building firms, design and build contractors, electricians and retrofit coordinators interested in designing and installing ventilation systems, particularly in the context of energy efficiency refurbishment works.
This seminar is part of a series of 2 events on Ventilation, with the more in depth session (Level 2) taking place on 9th February 2021.
This first session can be attended as a stand alone course, but if you are interested in the second session it is recommended to book both dates as Level 2 will refer heavily on detail from Level 1.
Fees and Booking
Special offer: Book all 2 training sessions in the series for a reduced rate £40 for members and £60 for non-members.
- Non-Member Ticket (this event only) £ 35.00
- Carbon Co-op / Green Register Members (this event only) £ 25.00
- Non-Member Ticket (including Level 2 session on 9th Feb 21) £ 60.00
- Carbon Co-op / Green Register Members (including Level 2 session on 9th Feb 21) £ 40.00
About the Trainers
Vince House, UK Sales and Operations Manager, Aereco limited
Vince has been in the heating and ventilation industry for 20 years, this time has been split between manufacturers and contractors, giving a good balance of experience of the supply chain and delivery side.
Vince has been working predominantly within the social housing sector for the last 11 years, he is passionate about energy efficiency, and delivering a quality end product.
Peter King, UK Sales and Operations Manager, Aereco limited
Peter has over 20 years’ experience within the Ventilation industry in both the commercial and domestic sectors covering all aspects of its delivery from design to manufacture to installation and commissioning.
For the past 8 years Peter has worked for Aereco Ltd and been one of the leading advocates for Demand Controlled Ventilation within the UK.
Aereco invented and are the market leaders in Demand Controlled Ventilation. For over 30 years they have been at the forefront in understanding and controlling IAQ in buildings. With systems in millions of homes all over the world, they bring an unrivalled practical experience of DCV.
This event is held in partnership with:
This event is held with thanks to: