Are you feeling the cold, want to make energy efficiency improvements on your home but confused about how to go about it?
Luckily, this spring we are running another series of seminars in Manchester for householders on Planning and Delivering Energy Efficiency Retrofit works. These specialist seminars are run by industry professionals on the practicalities of commissioning eco-retrofit works. Attendees also receive supporting materials and access to an online webinar.
WHAT: Two part seminar on planning and delivering retrofit
WHEN: 9:30am-1pm on Sat 5th and 12th March 2016 (attending both sessions is recommended)
WHERE: MadLab, 36 Edge Street, Manchester, M4 1HN
COST: Member – FREE, Non Members – £10 [BURSARIES AVAILABLE]
This seminar ALWAYS books up fast – so book now!
THIS SEMINAR IS FOR: householders planning an eco-refurbishment or retrofit project who already know the kinds of measures their home requires and are seeking to take forward works. Householders who have had an energy assessment carried and want to commission some of the recommended measures.
Together the seminars cover:
- Considering objectives, priorities and getting the best result.
- Looking at options for works and funding
- Balancing time, cost and quality
- Local Authority approvals, consents etc…
- What ‘professionals’ are needed and selecting and appointment
- Selecting and appointing builders (including contracts)
- Examining common issues and avoiding them
- Getting the most for the resources available
- Exchanging ideas and energy with like-minded people – & sharing the pain!
Marianne Heaslip, architect at URBED and Bill Taylor, MD of Taylor Armitt Consulting
NB the course is for householders who are already aware of what improvements they require and are looking to take things to the next step, ie commission contractors etc. If you are unsure of what needs to be done to make your house energy efficient please commission a Carbon Co-op whole house assessment. Equally, these seminars are not for suppliers or contractors or professionals who offer services in retrofit design and delivery – householders are attending these seminars in order to receive impartial advice not sales pitches and we are happy to separately offer CPD services for professionals.