Join us for the Carbon Co-op AGM 2020 and a presentation and discussion asking how we make homes zero carbon ready? This year’s AGM is a fully digital experience! Members should look out for papers and electronic voting arrangements being circulated soon.
- 7pm-9.30pm, Friday 17th July 2020
- Book here: https://carboncoop-agm-2020.eventbrite.co.uk
- 6.30pm, meeting open to login and say hello
- 7-8pm: AGM
- 8pm-8.15pm BREAK
- 8.15-9.30pm: Discussion topic on zero carbon ready homes
‘How do we make homes zero carbon ready?’
Speakers: Marianne Heaslip, URBED, Julie Godfrey, Sustainability Consultant and CIBSE Technical Manager, John Palmer, Passivhaus Trust
Chair: Jonathan Atkinson
Description: Carbon Co-op has long talked about the need for ‘2050 Retrofits’, but what does it mean today to aim for a home fit for a ‘climate safe’ future? Is it an 80% cut in carbon emissions? A ‘net zero’ home? And why bother at all if we transition away from gas to electric only homes and the grid is completely decarbonised?
In this discussion we explore some of these terms and concepts and assess what they mean for the work Carbon Co-op does.
With the help of some experts in the field, we will think about what performance targets we should be using in the work we do, the targets members set for their home retrofits and how we use services like My Home Energy Planner and People Powered Retrofit to make them a reality.
Society for the Reduction of Carbon Limited (trading as Carbon Co-op) Annual General Meeting 2020
NB All are welcome to attend the AGM, only members can vote. Voting will take place via and online voting systems – details will be emailed to members before the AGM.
All papers will be emailed to members in advance of the meeting
- Members present and apologies
- Minutes of last meeting
- Report on the year & Future Plan
- Vote on adoption of new Energy Commons organisational ‘end’
- Vote on adoption of Ethical Policy
- Presentation of accounts 2018/2019
- Appointment of Auditor resolution
- Proposal to dis-apply the requirement to appoint an auditor in line with the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
- Board Election
Would you like to stand for election to the Carbon Co-op board?
We’re looking for people to contribute to the Carbon Co-op board, manage the governance of the organisation and represent the views of members. We’re particularly looking for people with skills in the areas of service design and delivery and business planning.
If you are interested, download this board member pack and application form and return it before 5pm Wednesday 15th July 2020.