With growing demand for retrofit we are developing our retrofit contractor supply chain training offer in 2021. We’re looking for an organisation or consultant to help us develop our in house training infrastructure and systems. Read on for a full specification.
People Powered Retrofit: Contractor training development consultancy
- Start: ASAP
- Term: to 31st March 2020
- Status: consultancy/freelance role
- Budget: up to £12,000
- Application: email CV plus covering letter (max 2 sides of A4) setting out relevant skills and experience for the role – please include relevant links or attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: Wednesday 20th January 2021 (now extended)
- Contact: Jonathan Atkinson email@example.com
Purpose: to assist Carbon Co-op in developing an organisational infrastructure to support the delivery of retrofit contractor training services.
Based in Manchester, People Powered Retrofit is a social enterprise service, a partnership between Community Energy organisation Carbon Co-op and environmental design consultancy URBED – it primarily exists to deliver a householder-facing ended-to-end retrofit services, but over the past 3 years, People Powered Retrofit has created and delivered a suite of training courses for construction professionals and builders to help them develop their specialist expertise in the area of energy efficiency and retrofit.
The training offer is aimed at people in the Greater Manchester area, currently working within the construction industry who wish to extend their skills and people wishing to enter the construction industry and specialise in retrofit. The aim is to develop and grow the supply chain in order to meet growing demand from householders for retrofit. We currently run three to four programmes a year, working with 60-100 learners.
We plan to expand our training offer, both in terms of the scope and scale but also with regards to the quality and robustness of delivery. The main task for this work is to oversee the development of new, well structured systems and processes. You will work with staff at People Powered Retrofit to lead on the development and where relevant implementation of training delivery infrastructure. You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team including a construction business relationship manager, project manager, ICT professionals, course tutors, and course authors.
- Development of the People Powered Retrofit contractor training programme.
- Working with team members to devise a strategy to grow the offer and build income streams from commissioning and sales.
- Working with team members to develop a complimentary onsite training offer.
- Assessing demand for training from the construction industry.
- Development of our Quality Management framework to assess and evidence the quality of courses.
- Development of our organisational Information Governance strategy for collecting, submitting and retaining course related evidence, and recommendations on its implementation.
- Highlighting specific implications for data protection.
- Development of a simple system for assessing and evaluating course impact.
- Development of systems for generating and storing client records in adherence with data protection policies.
- Development of systems for managing and evaluating tutor and course author quality.
- Recommendations on online learning content.
- Contribution to the development of a sales and marketing strategy for the courses.
- Exploring the requirements and feasibility of a badged accreditation standard framework for the courses.
- Desirable: Level 3 Award in Education and Training or Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
Skills and experience
- Experience of work in an adult educational setting
- Experience of training management and development
- Evidence of devising and implementing systems and processes within organisations.
- Construction industry experience
- Online learning platform experience
- Online learning delivery
- SME or community-based training