We are looking for Project Engagement Officer to work across the organisation supporting the development of a range of innovative, new energy system projects and services. This is a challenging and exciting role which will involve working closely with other staff members within our interdisciplinary team to identify, plan, and deliver communication and engagement activity. It will involve interacting with members, customers, clients, and other stakeholders and requires proven experience and ability in engagement, communications and project/event delivery.
- Deadline: 15th January 2021
- Time: 0.8 – 1 FTE (Flexible)
- Location: Manchester, UK
- FTE: £24,000 – £30,500
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months fixed term contract (with possibility of extension)
- Status: Payroll/PAYE
How to apply: email a CV and max 2 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a link to a piece of communication or engagement material that you have authored, if it was produced as part of a team please outline your specific role in the piece.
For more information contact: Jonathan Atkinson email@example.com
Carbon Co-op (https://carbon.coop) is an award-winning and fast growing not-for-profit, social enterprise based in Greater Manchester, UK. We pilot innovative low carbon projects and provide support services to our householder members and the wider community.
We’re looking for a Project Engagement Officer to work across the organisation supporting the development of a range of innovative, new energy system projects and services. This is a challenging and exciting role which will involve working closely with other staff members within this interdisciplinary team to identify, plan, and deliver communication and engagement activity. It will involve interacting with members, customers, clients, and other stakeholders and requires proven experience and ability in engagement, communications and project/event delivery.
This role would suit both an early career graduate or someone with more experience. Experience of engagement is key but experience of the energy sector, though preferable is not as these skills are transferable.
In summary, the role is:
- A means to link technical staff members and partners and end users in the development of new projects and services
- A person to devise and implement engagement strategies for user-centred design projects
- A person to devise new administrative systems and frameworks for end user engagement, data collection and project delivery
This role contributes to Carbon Co-op projects within the areas of retrofit and smart energy innovation on tasks including:
- Facilitating participatory workshops and overseeing ‘Service Design activity’ with end users
- Working with Carbon Co-op’s technical team to ensure the development of technical services meets the needs of end users.
- Working with project partners to devise an end user engagement strategies for technical projects for both domestic and commercial end users.
- Working with partners to devise and test new business models to find ways to test business models with end users.
- Facilitating the involvement of end user testing in projects through collaborative workshops, public events, market research, the creation of written materials etc.
- Working with partners to recruit end users.
- Engagement with end users to collect key project evaluation data.
- Facilitating project advisory group meetings
- Attendance of project partner coordination meetings.
Considerable opportunities exist within our rapidly growing organisation to develop in these and other areas including project, service, and product management, IT/software support, funding, business development, energy/environmental policy research, and training provision.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we have flexible working practices. We encourage applications from anyone with suitable skills, no matter their background or ability. If you are interested in this position and feel you have the skills required to contribute to the organisation, then please apply!
Flexible and remote working
We’re looking for someone who can work between 0.8 and 1 FTE. A lot of the team at Carbon Co-op also work between 3 and 5 days a week and we’re flexible around when the work is done (as long as it fits the business need). Please tell us what work commitment you are looking for. This can vary over time if agreed with the rest of the team.
Whilst some remote working may be possible, this role requires people to work mainly from our office in central Manchester
Outline of the role
The below describe the desired essential, preferred, and useful characteristics of applicants.
i) Skills and experience
- Group workshop facilitation experience
- The creation of content and copy for end user engagement materials ie leaflets, email updates etc.
- Authorship of project reports and updates for team members, partners and project stakeholders.
- Experience of market research
- The creation of new end user management, administration and engagement systems and frameworks
- Experience of partnership projects and associated management meetings.
- Experience of ‘Real world research’ techniques
- Service Design facilitation experience
- Experience of user-led design processes
ii) Person specification
- An excellent communicator, enthusiastic and engaging
- The ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and ideas
- The ability to communicate technical ideas to a ley audience
- A team player: able to work effectively with others and be empathetic, compassionate, and understanding
- Ability to organise oneself and others to ensure timely delivery of activities and outputs
- Enthusiastic, positive and a problem solver
- Very organised with the ability to quickly and effectively prioritise tasks
- An interest in energy issues and/or motivated by environmental and social justice concerns
- Interest or involvement in the co-operative movement
Legal right to work
By the time you commence your employment you must have a legal right to work in the UK.