This new, unique course brings together theory and practical experience and it digs into how to apply building physics to the messy reality retrofit. The content, delivered virtually via Zoom, focuses on fabric work that will be needed to buildings that regulation Part L applies to, in order to reduce their carbon emissions.
For course content in detail and to book onto the March 2021 dates click here.
In 2019 the UK Government committed to bringing all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050. But did you know 80% of the buildings we will use in 2050 have already been built? Retrofit work will be needed to most of the 29 million homes that already exist across the UK. The task ahead is massive and so is the opportunity for those with retrofit skills.
“The strength of this course is [course tutor] Nick’s depth of experience. You learn from the problems he has solved.” Tim, Joiner.
Run by experienced retrofit contractor Nick Parsons, across four sessions and covid safe practical demonstration session, will help bridge knowledge gaps, understand materials limitations, respect airtightness and consider risks.
Who it’s for
With growing demand for householder green refurbishment, this high quality online course will be useful for:
- Builders, joiners and people overseeing works on site: A first step into specialist eco-renovation/retrofit techniques and considerations to meet new customer requirements, or to underpin practical knowledge with theory. Hear lessons learned from an experienced tutor with on site contracting experience
- Business managers: what you need to know if you’re considering entry into this specialist area, with fast growing demand and a limited supply chain. Find out what skills you’ll need in your business with this simple to access, online course.
- Building designers, architects and consultants: Find out more about retrofit and construction approaches from the contractor perspective
- Enthusiastic DIY-ers: Learn about eco building considerations and techniques, find out what you’re capable of, and become an informed client to any contractors you might need to help you.
The course has been developed with small-scale building firms, contractors and sole traders in mind.
Dates and Times
This is a four part course and all parts must be taken together. The practical session is an additional session with limited space. Places are given on a first come first serve basis.
- Tuesday 2nd March, 5.30 – 7pm
- Thursday 4th March, 5.30 – 7pm
- Tuesday 9th March, 5.30 – 7pm
- Thursday 11th March, 5.30 – 7pm
- Practical demonstration session: Saturday 13th March 10am – 12.00 noon
Attendees must complete all online sessions including end of session quizzes to receive a certificate of attendance.
Standard ticket – £35
Discounted ticket for Greater Manchester based Building Contractors – £19
For course content in detail and to book onto the course click here.