- This event has passed.
Air Tightness and DIY Measures
2nd December, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Airtightness and DIY Measures
Are you a Calderdale resident interested in learning more about home retrofit? Find out what you can do yourself to get your home less draughty!
About the workshop
Our second workshop focuses on ‘air tightness’ and DIY measures, on how we can stop losing heat from around the home – through gaps and leaky walls, open chimneys and flues, and cold draughts, how we can apply DIY measures and when we may need to call in expert help.
During the session, you will:
1. Learn how to identify draughts around your home
2. Get familiar with DIY draught proofing materials and techniques to tackle common draughts around your home
3. Understand how to balance need for ventilation with airtightness measures
4. Practical activity: using various simple techniques to hunt down draughts in the venue, and figure out which of the demonstration materials may be suitable for fixing that draught.
Hebden Royd Town Council, working with Carbon Co-op, aims to empower residents in Hebden Bridge to explore the possibilities of retrofitting their homes, creating cosier spaces, reducing energy bills, and improving the efficiency of their homes through knowledge sharing, workshop events, and technology.
This workshop series is for householders interested in learning more about the basics of retrofit, applying this to your home and sharing knowledge and learning with other local residents.
Coming up after this workshop is:
● Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation, Saturday 27th January 2024
Do book on to avoid disappointment, places are limited!
Please note: These workshops are aimed at householders who want to learn more about retrofit. This is not a workshop for people working in the supply chain or seeking to promote a specific product or service – we will ask salespeople to leave the session.