EcoHome Lab: AirGradient Sensor build workshop
9th December, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
As a follow-up to our October session with Achim Haig, founder of AirGradient (https://www.airgradient.com) we’ll be holding an in person build session!
Video for those who missed it: https://youtu.be/FNc_RlQkdG0
You can either order your kit directly from Airgradient: https://www.airgradient.com/diyshop/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add your order to the group purchase. There will also be free PCBs available on the night for those who’ve sourced there own parts.
Now in our regular monthly slot – every second Thursday of the month. A hangout for people taking control of their home energy usage and generation. We use open-source hardware and software to gain a better understanding of energy in our homes, how to make the best use of the energy we generate and reduce energy wasted.
Topics will include:
• Home energy monitoring.
• House energy performance assessment
• Sensors – electricity, gas, temperature, humidity, air quality…
• User interfaces, dashboards
• Smart houses and automation
• Aggregation of data sources
• Taking the power back! – Making better use of the surplus power we generate
Who is it for?
• Anyone with skills in physical electronics, web development or programming who wants to use that knowledge to reduce energy and carbon!
• There will be open space for small groups to focus on adding new sensors or hacking the user interface, there will always be a ‘newbies’ group for people interested in finding out more.