Gain the knowledge and skills needed to motivate others in your community to improve the energy efficiency of their homes, reducing carbon emissions, improving comfort and reducing fuel bills. Book here: https://retrofit-advocacy2016.eventbrite.co.uk
- WHAT: Retrofit Advocacy Training
- WHEN: 9.30-12:30pm, Saturday 22nd October 2016, Saturday 5th November 2016 (as this is a two-part course you need to attend both dates)
- WHERE: URBED offices, 5th Floor, 10 Little Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1HR
- COST: Members – FREE, Non Members – £10
- TO BOOK: https://retrofit-advocacy2016.eventbrite.co.uk
- LEADS: Helen Grimshaw, sustainability consultant, URBED and Julian Tomlin, consultant, Carbon Co-op committee member, and householder.
This simple, two-part, participatory course will enable local green volunteers to confidently discuss energy efficiency and inspire others to find out more about retrofit, whether on a stall at a local event, in a meeting or workshop, or with friends and family.
Delivered by a specialist retrofit consultant Helen Grimshaw of URBED and Julian Tomlin, a householder and Carbon Co-op board member with retrofit experience, these fun sessions will involve presentations, a quiz, group activities as well as a bit of homework.
The training has been designed to comply with the Carbon Literacy Standard and all successful completers will receive a Carbon Literacy Certificate
This training is for volunteers to provide first stop advice and support to other householders. It will not replace the technical expertise provided by industry professionals.
Please book early as spaces are limited: https://retrofit-advocacy2016.eventbrite.co.uk